We're growing fast and looking for a person to own and manage our hiring funnel, processes and candidate experience. We're looking to double our team over the next six months across native mobile, web, ML, deep tech, business and ops. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has worked in tech recruitment but looking to take more ownership over the entire process and help define the company's culture and build a fantastic team of individuals. To start with, we see this as a part-time role with the view of becoming permanent as the team grows over time however this is open to negotiation.
What do we do?
Dent Reality is building the ‘connective layer’ between Augmented Reality devices and the physical world.
We’ve heard from hundreds of organisations - retail stores, shopping centres, airports, train stations, hospitals, museums, hotels, universities, offices… pretty much every type of physical space you can imagine. They all want to use AR to connect with their visitors in new and powerful ways but, to date, the technical barriers have been too hard to overcome.
That’s where our unique positioning, mapping and AR technology comes in. For the first time ever, we can enable organisations to provide the ‘smart’ experience they’re so desperate to offer to their shoppers/guests/visitors.
We’re starting with grocery retail where we have a partnership with Marks and Spencer. Our technology powers personal, guided experiences for M&S shoppers, helping them find and discover products they love every time they shop. Think shopping list meets in-store navigation.
Before you go any further, take a look at this 1 min video to get a better sense of our what we’re building (sound on to hear shopper reactions).
Who are we?
We’re a small, but rapidly growing, early-stage start-up supported by some of the most prominent investors in technology and retail (including the ex-CTOs of Macy’s, Sainsbury’s and Tumblr; the founder of Indeed.com; and the first VC fund to invest in Oculus VR).
As a team, we’ve already built the most popular open-source project for mobile AR (4k+ stars on GitHub), enabling any developer to build world-scale AR apps. And we have decades of positioning, mapping and product development experience across organisations like Dyson, ESRI, Ordnance Survey and Shopmatic (similar to Shopify, popular in S.E. Asia).
We empower each team member with full responsibility and ownership over their work. As much as is possible, we’re happy for team members to have flexible schedules – we care about building great technology and products, not rigid rules and presentee-ism!
What skills/experience are we looking for?
Below we list the skills and experience we’re looking for but a quick word of warning. If you don’t check every box, that’s OK! Please don’t talk yourself out of applying.
Overall, we’re looking for someone who is excited about our technology, our mission and can grow in their role as the company grows.
- Proficient in sourcing and vetting talent
- Experience in hiring a diverse team of people
- Experience in hiring for technical roles across Mobile and Web and other technical disciplines
- Experience with recruitment analytics software and services
- Experience in using applicant tracking software and being across all hiring activities
- Out of the box thinking when sourcing candidates
- Own the candidate hiring experience; careers page, improve the application process, manage consistent communication, update candidates in a timely manner for both rejections and offers, and negotiate job offers
- Ensure all candidates walk away with a good impression of Dent Reality no matter how far through the process they make it
- Experience in hiring large teams at high growth startups
- Experience in the indoor positioning, navigation or augmented reality space
Working with us
Other than the opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting and friendly startups we’re offering:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Share options
- 25 days holiday per year pro-rata
- Pension scheme
- We’re currently working remotely but we’re ideally looking for a candidate who is either based in London or can be in London on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for team meetings.