This is an exceptional role for an exceptional person. Dent Reality has already released some of the most electrifying content the internet has seen, with videos of our technology racking up millions of views (see this 1 min video from our partnership with Marks & Spencer, where we’re powering the future of shopping). Now we’re looking for a swiss army knife creator who can take the lead on developing our overall content strategy, using their killer writing, storytelling, filming and editing skills to tell the world about the work we do.
Your overall mission will be to make Dent Reality one of the best known and most exciting startups across the globe. Thanks to you, our external image will play a huge role in making sure:
- Customers want to work with us
- The media wants to cover us
- Potential hires want to join us
- Investors want to invest in us
- The existing team are proud of working with us
What do we do?
Our vision is that every physical space will become digitally connected, enabling an entirely new type of interaction with the world around us. Served in a frictionless manner, a “smart space” unlocks rich information and context, which allows for insights and more informed decisions - transforming 1bn daily interactions with the world.
Right now, the biggest players in tech are working on building next-gen Augmented Reality hardware and wearables, and we’re building the killer consumer use-cases for this transformative technology.
So far, we’ve built technology breakthroughs in AR navigation, indoor mapping and precise location - and with our first retailer partnership with M&S, we’ve enabled the first-ever “smart space”. We’re bringing this next-generation technology to everyone, with an app that works on every phone, and will become completely essential.
The challenges here are hard and rewarding. Every day, our team is collaborating across different skill sets to explore new problems and build innovative solutions that drive us towards our goal. If you’re passionate, driven and looking for the opportunity to have a huge influence on sharing this innovation with the world, we want to speak to you.
Who we are?
Our team is led by pioneers in AR, mapping and location technologies. Every day we break new ground, developing truly innovative technology and visually delightful experiences that set the standard for the future of the digitally connected world.
Our investors include the largest PropTech VC in Europe (Pi Labs), the first investors into Oculus VR (7percent Ventures), and leading specialists in the future of commerce (Sugar Capital). We’re also backed by the founders of iconic platforms such as Indeed, Tumblr and AppLovin, as well as execs from CityMapper, Macy’s and Spotify.
What will you be doing?
You’ll own and lead our content strategy while planning and delivering exciting and engaging content. You’ll also define our distribution tactics to maximise reach and impact across audiences.
On a day to day basis you’ll be working closely with our CEO and the commercial, product and technical teams on the following priorities:
- Take the lead on developing and implementing Dent Reality’s overall content strategy, including our web/social media approach, our brand values and tone of voice, and all forms of creative content
- Come up with creative ideas for eye-popping visual content (e.g. videos and images) and razor-sharp written content (tweet threads and blogs)
- Create! Drive the end-to-end process of producing electric content that highlights Dent Reality’s groundbreaking work (e.g. for a video, you would storyboard, film, edit and share)
- Work closely with the rest of the team to enable them to produce/contribute to killer content (blogs, twitter threads, and more)
- Determine the best approach for maximising our earned media coverage
- Understand SEO and the benefits of link building and content strategies to drive organic search traffic
- Analyse and report to key stakeholders on how our content is performing
What you might achieve in your first 3-6 months:
- Craft Dent Reality’s brand values and tone of voice, to inform our external-facing comms across the board
- Plan out a detailed content calendar that will help achieve key goals with our different audience groups
- Create incredible content across multiple platforms! (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube, Tiktok)
- Ensure hundreds of thousands of people engage with Dent Reality and get the company into ‘top start up’ lists
What skills/experience are we looking for?
Below we list the skills and experience we’re looking for but a quick word of warning. If you don’t check every box, that’s OK! Please don’t talk yourself out of applying.
Overall, we’re looking for someone who is excited about our technology, our mission and can grow in their role as the company grows.
- A proven track record of creating highly engaging, multi-platform content that people love (3-5 years)
- Excellent writing, storytelling, filming, editing skills
- The initiative to deliver across the full end-to-end process of creating content - you should be a self-starter capable of both coming up with ideas and making them happen
- A creative and detail-oriented mindset - you should obsess over colours, fonts, words etc.
- Video editing and visual effects tools, such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects or similar
- SEO skills would be a bonus
Working with us
Other than the opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting and friendly start ups we’re offering:
- £40-50k salary (depending on experience)
- Share options
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- We're a remote-first company but we spend one/day per week together working at an office in London, so you'd need to be able to do this
Perks and benefits
Work/life balance - We trust in our team and value their wellbeing, so we offer a 1 month per year work from anywhere scheme. We also offer 2 duvet days per year and we don’t expect you to work on your Birthday.
Equipment and workstations - We’ll buy you a company laptop and all the tools you need to work effectively. We also offer a £500 home office budget to make sure you can work in comfort.
Flexible hours - Working from home brings new challenges to our daily routines, so we offer flexible working hours. Want to take a late lunch? Go to the gym in the day? It’s up to you to manage your time and you’re trusted to get your work done around your schedule.
Knowledge is power! - We strongly believe in self-improvement and support any personal development initiatives. We offer an annual conference and training budget to help finance any further learning.
Team socials - We host monthly socials, taking turns to choose what we do and where we go for dinner. Last month we worked as a team to kill hundreds of VR zombies and went for a Brick Lane curry!
New to the team - We love seeing the team grow and as a new joiner we’ll do everything to make you feel welcome, we’ll also send you a Dent Reality stash and welcome pack to help you settle in.
Dent Reality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.