What do we do?
We’re building the technology layer which integrates with every location, allowing businesses to serve up these digital experiences for every visitor. Whether it’s in retail, or airports, or offices, or museums - our technology will power the next-generation of interaction.
We’re starting today on mobile, and in retail stores, where we can help people to find items in-store - with a map that knows where everything is, and by locating the user with the highest level of precision. Check this video to see how it works:
With future wearable devices - currently being built by Apple, Meta and others - the real world will become filled with rich digital overlays of information. Much like in every sci-fi movie we’ve seen, this new technology will become as useful and dependable as the internet is today.
The challenges here are hard and rewarding. Every day, our team is collaborating across different skill sets to explore new problems and build innovative solutions. If you’re passionate, driven and looking for the opportunity to have a huge impact solving hard problems, we want to speak to you.
What will you be doing?
On a day to day basis you'll be working closely with the iOS Lead, Product Manager and the rest of the technical team on the following priorities:
- Building on our existing iOS application comprising of proprietary AR, wi-fi positioning and retail components.
- Working closely with designers and product managers to create rich and compelling features.
- Exploring, prototyping and expanding new concepts and ideas.
- Honing our app experience with debugging and refinements.
- Persistently refining and refactoring the existing code base to improve code coherence and maintainability.
- Contributing to wider discussions on app design, goals and company culture.
What you might achieve in your first 3-6 months:
- Contributing to the first release of a white label AR app, to be used by thousands of shoppers.
- Collecting and analysing usage statistics and bug reports, feeding those learnings back into technical improvements.
- Helping to design and build a commercial SDK based on the technology within our existing app.
What skills/experience are we looking for?
Below we list the skills and experience we’re looking for but a quick word of warning. If you don’t check every box, that’s OK! Please don’t talk yourself out of applying.
Overall, we’re looking for someone who is excited about our technology, our mission and can grow in their role as the company grows.
- Strong Swift skills
- Experience building complex UI with UIKit
- Experience writing unit tests and UI tests using the XCTest framework
- Understanding of MVVM architecture
- Some experience working with Xcode's profiling instruments
- An understanding of general principles of maintainable software design (e.g. SOLID) and adherence to good development practices (unit tests, documentation etc.) when appropriate
- Comfortable developing algorithms and working with complex data structures
- Ability to move fast, develop rapid prototypes and react quickly to changes when appropriate
Nice to Have Skills
- ARKit experience
- SceneKit experience
- Experience working with Combine or a similar reactive framework.
- Experience with location-based technologies, such as CoreLocation or MapKit
- Experience with current development team tools and process: Agile methodologies, Git, GitFlow, Continuous Integration
Working with us
Other than the opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting and friendly start ups we’re offering:
- £55-65k salary (depending on experience)
- Share options
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- We work remotely 4 days a week, and work together once per week in London, to collaborate and test our navigation tech.